Ex-SocGen trader Kerviel given 3 yrs in jail
PARIS Oct 24 (Reuters) - Former Societe Generale trader Jerome Kerviel was sentenced to three years in prison at a Paris court on Wednesday and ordered to repay his former employer 4.9 billion euros ($6.35 billion).
"The appeals court...upholds the ruling," the judge told a standing Kerviel, adding that he would not go to jail immediately.
Kerviel's lawyer said he was considering a further appeal against the sentence.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia