Ex-SocGen trader Kerviel given 3 yrs in jail
PARIS Oct 24 (Reuters) - Former Societe Generale trader Jerome Kerviel was sentenced to three years in prison at a Paris court on Wednesday and ordered to repay his former employer 4.9 billion euros ($6.35 billion).
"The appeals court...upholds the ruling," the judge told a standing Kerviel, adding that he would not go to jail immediately.
Kerviel's lawyer said he was considering a further appeal against the sentence.
- Six killed, including four children, in Houston-area shooting
- Israel pursues punishing Gaza offensive for a third day |
- Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials
- Anger mounts as Germany unearths second U.S. spy suspect
- Chinese hackers pursue key data on U.S. workers: NYT