Dow accidentally released layoffs news early: source
(Reuters) - Dow Chemical Co was forced to announce a restructuring program on Tuesday after accidentally sending a draft of its press release to a Bloomberg News reporter earlier in the day, a source on Dow's board said.
The source, speaking anonymously because the source was not authorized to speak publicly on the matter, said Dow had intended to announce the 2,400 layoffs on Thursday morning along with quarterly earnings.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand