EMC profit misses estimates
(Reuters) - Data-storage equipment maker EMC Corp (EMC.N) reported a higher third-quarter profit as sales rose 6 percent but missed analysts' expectations.
The world's biggest maker of corporate data-storage equipment said net income attributable to the company rose to $626.3 million, or 28 cents per share. Excluding items, it earned 40 cents per share.
Consolidated revenue rose 6 percent to $5.28 billion.
Analysts on average had expected earnings of 42 cents per share on revenue of $5.46 billion.
(Reporting By Nicola Leske in New York and Supantha Mukherjee in Bangalore)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip: report
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video