Nasdaq reports lower third-quarter profit
(Reuters) - Nasdaq OMX Group (NDAQ.O) reported a lower third-quarter profit on Wednesday, due in part to a drop in trading volumes in U.S. and Nordic equities.
The New York-based exchange operator said it had earned $89 million, or 52 cents per share, down from $109 million, or 61 cents per share, a year earlier.
(Reporting by John McCrank in New York; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |