3D Systems 3rd-qtr beats estimates, shares soar
Oct 25 (Reuters) - Three-dimensional printer maker 3D Systems Corp posted a higher third-quarter profit as printer sales more than doubled, sending its shares up 15 percent.
Net income rose to $13.5 million, or 24 cents per share, from $7.2 million, or 14 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding one-time items, the company earned 32 cents per share. Analysts were expecting adjusted earnings of 27 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Revenue rose 57 percent to $90.5 million, beating the $87.3 million Wall Street had estimated.
The company's printers help reduce the time required for designing new products by printing real parts directly from a digital design.
3D Systems shares were up 15 percent at $41.24 on the New York Stock Exchange on Thursday.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off at Philadelphia airport
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |