Taiwan's Acer sees Q4 PC shipments 5 pct either side of Q3
TAIPEI Oct 25 (Reuters) - Taiwanese PC maker Acer Inc said on Thursday that its shipments of PCs in the fourth quarter will be between 5 percent less and 5 percent more than those in the third quarter, while operating income will be about the same as in the previous quarter.
The company did not immediately offer further comment ahead of a briefing on its outlook.
Acer reported third-quarter net profit of T$68 million ($2.32 million) on Monday, well below a mean estimate of T$756 million polled by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Many brokerages cut their earning forecasts on Acer after the disappointing results. (Reporting by Clare Jim; Editing by Chris Gallagher)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in row over New York envoy arrest
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials