Amer Sports beats market forecasts on apparel sales
HELSINKI Oct 25 (Reuters) - Finnish sporting goods group Amer Sports reported a stronger-than-expected quarterly profit thanks to strong sales of its athletic apparel.
Shares in the company rose 7 percent it reported its third-quarter operating profit rose to 81 million euros from 74 million a year earlier, beating the market's average forecast of 70 million in a Reuters poll.
Apparel sales rose 27 percent while sales of sports watch brand Suunto rose 24 percent, it said. (Reporting by Helsinki Newsroom)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean : source |
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data