Bank of China Q3 profit up 17 pct, beats estimates
HONG KONG Oct 25 (Reuters) - Bank of China Ltd, the country's No.4 lender by market value, posted a third-quarter net profit gain of 16.7 percent, beating estimates, as interest margins widened following increased demand for credit.
Net profit rose to 34.76 billion yuan ($5.57 billion) in July-September from 29.8 billion yuan a year earlier. That compares with the average estimate of 32.7 billion yuan in a Reuters poll of 12 analysts. (Reporting by Kelvin Soh; Editing by Ryan Woo)
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |