Bank of China Q3 profit up 17 pct, beats estimates
HONG KONG Oct 25 (Reuters) - Bank of China Ltd, the country's No.4 lender by market value, posted a third-quarter net profit gain of 16.7 percent, beating estimates, as interest margins widened following increased demand for credit.
Net profit rose to 34.76 billion yuan ($5.57 billion) in July-September from 29.8 billion yuan a year earlier. That compares with the average estimate of 32.7 billion yuan in a Reuters poll of 12 analysts. (Reporting by Kelvin Soh; Editing by Ryan Woo)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |