Canon says strong yen to pare annual oper profit by $588 mln
TOKYO Oct 25 (Reuters) - Canon Inc said a stronger than expected yen that is crimping earnings from overseas will likely trim operating profit in the year ending Dec. 31 by 46.9 billion yen ($588 million).
Canon's chief financial officer, made the forecast during a briefing on Thursday after the company released its earnings results for the quarter ended Sept 30.
- Islamic State video claims to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- U.S. attorney general heads for racially charged St. Louis suburb
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |