RPT-Canon says strong yen to pare annual oper profit by $588 mln
TOKYO Oct 25 (Reuters) - Canon Inc said a stronger than expected yen that is crimping earnings from overseas will likely trim operating profit in the year ending Dec. 31 by 46.9 billion yen ($588 million).
Canon's chief financial officer, made the forecast during a briefing on Thursday after the company released its earnings results for the quarter ended Sept 30.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey as Islamic State advances |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |