Colgate posts higher quarterly profit while sales slip
Oct 25 (Reuters) - Colgate-Palmolive Co posted a higher quarterly profit on Thursday as the toothpaste and soap maker spent a bit more on advertising to entice shoppers as it raised prices.
Third-quarter profit was $654 million, or $1.36 per share, compared with a profit of $643 million, or $1.31 per share, a year earlier.
Sales fell 1 percent to $4.33 billion.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image