Essilor confirms targets as Q3 sales rise
PARIS Oct 25 (Reuters) - Essilor International, the world's largest maker of corrective lenses, stuck to its full-year forecasts on Thursday after it posted an 18 percent rise in third-quarter sales, driven by the Asia-Pacific region and North America.
Sales reached 1.23 billion euros in the quarter for a like-for-like gain of 4 percent, Essilor said in a statement on Thursday.
"Essilor confirms its full-year objectives of 12 percent to 15 percent growth in revenue, before the currency effect, and of sustained high profitability excluding strategic acquisitions," the company said. (Reporting by James Regan; Editing by Christian Plumb)
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Palestinian death toll rises to 77 as Israel hits Gaza over rocket fire |
- Man charged with murder in Texas shooting deaths of six |
- Wall Street edges lower on Portugal bank worry
- Berlin tells CIA station chief to leave in spy scandal