Goldcorp profit up on strong precious metal sales
Oct 25 (Reuters) - Goldcorp Inc reported on Thursday a 48 percent increase in third-quarter profit, as the company sold more gold and silver.
Canada's second-largest gold miner's net earnings were $498 million, or 61 cents a share. That compared with $336 million, or 42 cents a share, in the year-earlier period.
Excluding one-time items, profits fell 2 percent to 54 cents a share. Analysts on average had expected earnings of 46 cents a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Revenue rose 18 percent to a record $1.5 billion as the miner sold 617,800 ounces of gold and 9.1 million ounces of silver.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea