Hitachi Construction: China excavator demand may not recover in 2012/13
TOKYO Oct 25 (Reuters) - An executive of Hitachi Construction Machinery Co said on Thursday that demand for excavators in China is unlikely to recover before March 2013.
Hitachi Construction, which competes with bigger rivals Caterpillar Inc and Komatsu Ltd, said it expects the overall market for non-Chinese excavators in China in the year to March to shrink by 34 percent compared with the previous year.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |