International Paper quarterly profit drops 49 percent
Oct 25 (Reuters) - International Paper Co reported a 49 percent drop in third-quarter net earnings on Thursday, due in part to a decline in consumer packaging sales.
The company posted net earnings of $237 million, or 54 cents per share, compared with $468 million, or $1.08 per share, a year earlier.
Net sales rose 6 percent to $7 billion.
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets