International Paper quarterly profit drops 49 percent
Oct 25 (Reuters) - International Paper Co reported a 49 percent drop in third-quarter net earnings on Thursday, due in part to a decline in consumer packaging sales.
The company posted net earnings of $237 million, or 54 cents per share, compared with $468 million, or $1.08 per share, a year earlier.
Net sales rose 6 percent to $7 billion.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls