ITT Educational posts lower profit, trims top end of outlook
Oct 25 (Reuters) - ITT Educational Services Inc's quarterly profit fell as student sign-ups continued to decline and the for-profit college lowered the top end of its 2012 earnings forecast.
The company, which runs the ITT Technical Institutes and Daniel Webster College, expects full-year adjusted earnings of $8 to $8.10 per share. ITT had earlier forecast earnings of up to $9 per share.
Net income fell to $42.9 million, or $1.83 per share, in the third quarter, from $67.3 million, or $2.48 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue declined 13 percent to $314.7 million.
Student enrollments fell 16 percent.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |