CANADA STOCKS-TSX jumps 1 pct after open on Goldcorp results
TORONTO Oct 25 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index jumped 1 percent shortly after the open on Thursday as Goldcorp Inc's 48 percent increase in third-quarter profit helped lead the index higher.
The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index broke a four-day skid, climbing 122.15 points, or 1 percent, to 12,317.17. All 10 of the index's main groups were higher.
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales