Nikkei slips on weak earnings outlooks; BOJ hopes support
TOKYO, Oct 25 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average dipped at Thursday's open as investors weighed up profit forecast cuts from Nintendo Co Ltd and others as the earnings season gets under way, although expectations of further monetary easing by the Bank of Japan provided support. The Nikkei edged down 0.1 percent to 8,941.85, while the broader Topix lost 0.1 percent to 742.82.
- Search planes find no sign of missing airliner at spot located by China |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Vietnam search fruitless at site where China satellite detected suspected plane debris - witness