MTN revises new subscriber target for 2012 upwards
JOHANNESBURG Oct 25 (Reuters) - Africa's largest telecommunications company, MTN Group, on Thursday reported a near 4 percent increase in subscribers in the third quarter and lifted its guidance for new users this year.
MTN said it expected to add 23.7 million new customers this year, up from its previous expectation of 21.25 million.
Subscribers rose to 182.7 million across its 21 operations in Africa and the Middle East. Earnings in Iran would be affected by the local foreign exchange depreciation, it said on Thursday.
(Reporting by Helen Nyambura-Mwaura)
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park