National Oilwell profit rises on new equipment demand
Oct 25 (Reuters) - National Oilwell Varco Inc, the largest U.S. oilfield equipment maker, reported a 15 percent rise in quarterly profit as the demand for new offshore drilling equipment rose.
Third-quarter net profit attributable to the company rose to $612 million, or $1.43 per share, from $532 million, or $1.25 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue increased 42 percent to $5.3 billion.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown