CORRECTED-Nexen profit falls 71 percent
(Corrects headline and first paragraph to show profit fell 71 percent, not 85 percent)
Oct 25 (Reuters) - Canadian oil and gas producer Nexen Inc , target of a $15.1 billion takeover bid by China's CNOOC Ltd, reported a 71 percent fall in third-quarter earnings.
Earnings fell to C$59 million, or 11 Canadian cents per share, from C$200 million, or 32 Canadian cents per share, a year earlier. Net sales rose about 7 percent to C$1.5 billion.
(Reporting By Vrinda Manocha in Bangalore; Editing by Ted Kerr)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea