Shaw profit down on amortization, taxes
Oct 25 (Reuters) - Canadian cable and media company Shaw Communications Inc reported lower quarterly profit on Thursday, hurt in part by higher amortization and income tax expenses, even as operating results improved.
Net income from continuing operations for the quarter ended Aug. 31 fell to C$133 million ($134 million), or 28 Canadian cents a share, compared with C$167 million, or 37 Canadian cents, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 3 percent C$1.21 billion.
- Ukraine president accuses Russian soldiers of backing rebel thrust |
- Video shows Islamic State executes scores of Syrian soldiers |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Ukraine leader says Russian forces are in the country as key town falls