Shaw profit down on amortization, taxes
Oct 25 (Reuters) - Canadian cable and media company Shaw Communications Inc reported lower quarterly profit on Thursday, hurt in part by higher amortization and income tax expenses, even as operating results improved.
Net income from continuing operations for the quarter ended Aug. 31 fell to C$133 million ($134 million), or 28 Canadian cents a share, compared with C$167 million, or 37 Canadian cents, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 3 percent C$1.21 billion.
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Putin playing the long game over Russian kin in Ukraine
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers China, South Korea
- Ukraine peace deal falters as rebels show no sign of surrender |
- Cyclone threatens to disrupt search for missing Malaysian plane |