- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- FBI says man shot dead while being questioned about Boston bombings
Taiwan's TSMC Q3 net profit up 62 pct, beats forecasts
TAIPEI Oct 25 (Reuters) - Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd (TSMC) reported a better-than-expected 62 percent rise in third-quarter profit on Thursday, as robust sales of tablets and smartphones kept its cutting-edge chips in demand.
Net profit for the world's biggest contract chipmaker in the July-September period was T$49.3 billion ($1.68 billion), above the T$45.32 billion average estimate of 22 analysts polled by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The figure compares with T$41.81 billion in the second quarter and T$30.40 billion for the same quarter a year ago.
TSMC's clients include Texas Instruments and Nvidia . ($1 = 29.2845 Taiwan dollars) (Reporting by Clare Jim; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this