Amer Sports beats market forecasts on apparel sales
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Finnish sporting goods group Amer Sports (AMEAS.HE) reported a stronger-than-expected quarterly profit thanks to strong sales of its athletic apparel.
Shares in the company rose 7 percent it reported its third-quarter operating profit rose to 81 million euros from 74 million a year earlier, beating the market's average forecast of 70 million in a Reuters poll.
Apparel sales rose 27 percent while sales of sports watch brand Suunto rose 24 percent, it said.
(Reporting by Helsinki Newsroom)
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data