Amer Sports beats market forecasts on apparel sales
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Finnish sporting goods group Amer Sports (AMEAS.HE) reported a stronger-than-expected quarterly profit thanks to strong sales of its athletic apparel.
Shares in the company rose 7 percent it reported its third-quarter operating profit rose to 81 million euros from 74 million a year earlier, beating the market's average forecast of 70 million in a Reuters poll.
Apparel sales rose 27 percent while sales of sports watch brand Suunto rose 24 percent, it said.
(Reporting by Helsinki Newsroom)
- South Korea investigates capsized ferry crew, stowage as rescue hampered |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Nobel winner Garcia Marquez, master of magical realism, dies at 87 |