Goldcorp profit up on strong precious metal sales
(Reuters) - Goldcorp Inc (G.TO) reported on Thursday a 48 percent increase in third-quarter profit, as the company sold more gold and silver.
Canada's second-largest gold miner's net earnings were $498 million, or 61 cents a share. That compared with $336 million, or 42 cents a share, in the year-earlier period.
Excluding one-time items, profits fell 2 percent to 54 cents a share. Analysts on average had expected earnings of 46 cents a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Revenue rose 18 percent to a record $1.5 billion as the miner sold 617,800 ounces of gold and 9.1 million ounces of silver.
(Reporting by Julie Gordon; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |