- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Shares choppy, dollar steady as Fed meets
- Massachusetts police search NFL player's home in homicide probe: report
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
International Paper quarterly profit drops 49 percent
(Reuters) - International Paper Co (IP.N) reported a 49 percent drop in third-quarter net earnings on Thursday, due in part to a decline in consumer packaging sales.
The company posted net earnings of $237 million, or 54 cents per share, compared with $468 million, or $1.08 per share, a year earlier.
Net sales rose 6 percent to $7 billion.
(Reporting by Ernest Scheyder; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this