REFILE-Suicide bomber kills 37 at mosque in Afghanistan
MAZAR-E-SHARIF, Afghanistan Oct 26 (Reuters) - A suicide bomber killed at least 37 people in a mosque in Afghanistan's relatively peaceful north on Friday as worshippers gathered for holiday prayers, police officials said.
The attack, on the first day of the Muslim Eid al-Adha holiday, happened in Maimana, capital of Faryab province, said Lal Mohammad Ahmadzai, a spokesman for police in the Afghan north.
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot: report
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government