REFILE-Suicide bomber kills 37 at mosque in Afghanistan
MAZAR-E-SHARIF, Afghanistan Oct 26 (Reuters) - A suicide bomber killed at least 37 people in a mosque in Afghanistan's relatively peaceful north on Friday as worshippers gathered for holiday prayers, police officials said.
The attack, on the first day of the Muslim Eid al-Adha holiday, happened in Maimana, capital of Faryab province, said Lal Mohammad Ahmadzai, a spokesman for police in the Afghan north.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentine debt talks down to the wire to avert default
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |