Caixabank 9-mth net profit down 80 percent
MADRID Oct 26 (Reuters) - Spain's Caixabank, the country's third-largest lender, posted an 80 percent decline in 9-month net profit on Friday to 173 million euros ($224 million) after write-downs against toxic real estate assets.
Caixabank, which is merging with lender Banca Civica, said it has set aside a total of 8.4 billion euros against soured property assets to date. ($1=0.7716 euros) (Reporting By Tracy Rucinski; Editing by Mike Nesbit)
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 6, others missing
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source