Eldorado Gold profit drops on lower gold output
Oct 26 (Reuters) - Mid-tier gold miner Eldorado Gold Corp reported a 26 percent drop in third quarter profit on lower production and reduced sales of the precious metal.
Net earnings were $75.8 million, or 11 cents a share, in the quarter ended Sept 30. That compared with $102.5 million, or 19 cents a share, in the year-earlier period.
Revenue dropped 14 percent to $281 million.
Eldorado produced 155,123 ounces of gold in the quarter, compared with 179,195 ounces in the year-ago period. The average realized gold price dropped slightly to $1,670 per ounce in the quarter, down from $1,700 in the third quarter of 2011.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source