Eldorado Gold profit drops on lower gold output
Oct 26 (Reuters) - Mid-tier gold miner Eldorado Gold Corp reported a 26 percent drop in third quarter profit on lower production and reduced sales of the precious metal.
Net earnings were $75.8 million, or 11 cents a share, in the quarter ended Sept 30. That compared with $102.5 million, or 19 cents a share, in the year-earlier period.
Revenue dropped 14 percent to $281 million.
Eldorado produced 155,123 ounces of gold in the quarter, compared with 179,195 ounces in the year-ago period. The average realized gold price dropped slightly to $1,670 per ounce in the quarter, down from $1,700 in the third quarter of 2011.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Malaysia Airlines says lost contact with plane carrying 239 people
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales