Hindustan Unilever Q2 profit up 17 percent, beats forecast
MUMBAI Oct 26 (Reuters) - Hindustan Unilever Ltd, the Indian unit of Anglo-Dutch Unilever Plc , beat market forecasts with a 17 percent jump in quarterly net profit.
The largest Indian household products and consumer goods maker posted a net profit of 8.07 billion rupees for the fiscal second quarter ended Sept. 30 from 6.89 billion rupees a year earlier.
Analysts had expected a net profit of 7.5 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters Starmine Estimates.
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources