Hindustan Unilever Q2 profit up 17 percent, beats forecast
MUMBAI Oct 26 (Reuters) - Hindustan Unilever Ltd, the Indian unit of Anglo-Dutch Unilever Plc , beat market forecasts with a 17 percent jump in quarterly net profit.
The largest Indian household products and consumer goods maker posted a net profit of 8.07 billion rupees for the fiscal second quarter ended Sept. 30 from 6.89 billion rupees a year earlier.
Analysts had expected a net profit of 7.5 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters Starmine Estimates.
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Judge gives go-ahead for $2 billion sale of NBA's Clippers
- Jaded Argentines brace for looming debt default