Kia Motors may build Forte compact in U.S. - executive
SEOUL Oct 26 (Reuters) - South Korean carmaker Kia Motors Corp is considering producing its new Forte compact car in the United States, an executive said during an earnings conference call on Friday, without elaborating.
Kia has its sole U.S. plant in Georgia, which produces its Optima mid-sized sedan, Sorento sport-utility vehicle and affiliate Hyundai Motor Co's Santa Fe SUV.
Kia plans to launch the fully revamped new Forte in the United States next year. It has already rolled out the model in South Korea and China, where it is called the K3.
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |