Hong Kong shares to open up 0.2 pct, Bank of China firmer
HONG KONG Oct 26 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were poised to start higher on Friday, buoyed by a 1.6 percent rise for Bank of China after it posted favourable third-quarter earnings late on Thursday.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open up 0.2 percent at 21,847.7. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings was indicated to start up 0.3 percent.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter