Hong Kong shares to open up 0.2 pct, Bank of China firmer
HONG KONG Oct 26 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were poised to start higher on Friday, buoyed by a 1.6 percent rise for Bank of China after it posted favourable third-quarter earnings late on Thursday.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open up 0.2 percent at 21,847.7. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings was indicated to start up 0.3 percent.
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- As some high-risk assets take a hit, investors fear worse is to come
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, seven dead