Hong Kong shares to open up 0.2 pct, Bank of China firmer
HONG KONG Oct 26 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were poised to start higher on Friday, buoyed by a 1.6 percent rise for Bank of China after it posted favourable third-quarter earnings late on Thursday.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open up 0.2 percent at 21,847.7. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings was indicated to start up 0.3 percent.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ