Mexichem's third-quarter net profit jumps
Oct 26 (Reuters) - Mexican industrial conglomerate Mexichem posted on Friday a jump in third-quarter profit from a year before, driven by recent acquisitions that boosted sales.
Profit rose to 1.291 billion pesos ($100 million) in the July-September period, up from 37 million pesos in the third quarter last year.
Quarterly revenue rose 44 percent to 17.8 billion pesos from 12.4 billion pesos a year earlier.
Mexichem shares fell 0.92 percent to 64.60 pesos in local market trading Friday morning.
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on militants in Syria |
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Bin Laden son-in-law sentenced to life in U.S. prison
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace