Tank fire, snipers kill 3 in Damascus suburb - activists
BEIRUT Oct 26 (Reuters) - Three people were killed by tank fire and snipers in the Damascus suburb of Harasta on Friday, activists said, in another violation of a ceasefire intended to mark the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha.
Rebels in a northern town close to the Turkish border also reported one of their fighters was shot dead by a sniper early on Friday and a Reuters journalist in the town heard what sounded like four rounds of tank fire.
- Fired-up Republicans have edge in midterm turnout war
- Soldiers vie for power after Burkina Faso president quits |
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash |
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |