- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- FBI says man shot dead while being questioned about Boston bombings
Mortar bombs, gunfire heard along Turkey-Syria border
BESASLAN, Turkey |
BESASLAN, Turkey (Reuters) - Heavy machinegun fire and the sound of mortar bombs could be heard on Friday along the Turkey-Syrian border near the Syrian town of Haram, a Reuters witness said, in another violation of a ceasefire intended to mark the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha.
It was not clear whether the firing was from the Syrian army or from rebels fighting to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad.
The firing could be heard from the Turkish border village of Besaslan in southern Hatay province.
(Reporting by Mert Ozkan; Writing by Jonathon Burch; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this