TransAlta profit rises on lower maintenance costs
(Reuters) - Canadian electricity generator TransAlta Corp (TA.TO) reported a 12 percent rise in third-quarter profit on lower maintenance costs.
Net earnings attributable to common shareholders rose to C$56 million, or 24 Canadian cents per share, from C$50 million, or 22 Canadian cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, it earned 18 Canadian cents per share.
(Reporting by Bhaswati Mukhopadhyay in Bangalore; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter