TransAlta profit rises on lower maintenance costs
(Reuters) - Canadian electricity generator TransAlta Corp (TA.TO) reported a 12 percent rise in third-quarter profit on lower maintenance costs.
Net earnings attributable to common shareholders rose to C$56 million, or 24 Canadian cents per share, from C$50 million, or 22 Canadian cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, it earned 18 Canadian cents per share.
(Reporting by Bhaswati Mukhopadhyay in Bangalore; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee