Amplats offers to reinstate striking miners in S.Africa
JOHANNESBURG Oct 27 (Reuters) - Anglo American Platinum (Amplats) has offered to reinstate 12,000 miners sacked for going on an illegal strike at its South African operations if they return to their posts by Tuesday.
The company also said in a statement released in Saturday it has offered a one-off hardship allowance of 2,000 rand ($230) as an incentive to return. ($1 = 8.6517 South African rand) (Reporting by Jon Herskovitz; Editing by Alison Williams)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |