Amplats offers to reinstate striking miners in S.Africa
JOHANNESBURG Oct 27 (Reuters) - Anglo American Platinum (Amplats) has offered to reinstate 12,000 miners sacked for going on an illegal strike at its South African operations if they return to their posts by Tuesday.
The company also said in a statement released in Saturday it has offered a one-off hardship allowance of 2,000 rand ($230) as an incentive to return. ($1 = 8.6517 South African rand) (Reporting by Jon Herskovitz; Editing by Alison Williams)
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- No criminal charges in fatal gun range shooting by nine-year-old girl
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Chinese interceptions of U.S. military planes could intensify due to submarine base