IBA signs $40 mln U.S. cancer facility deal
BRUSSELS Oct 28 (Reuters) - Belgian cancer treatment equipment maker IBA said it has signed a $40 million deal for the installation of a treatment facility in Louisiana.
The treatment room, which will receive its first patients in early 2014, will use a system designed by Dutch group Philips , which will allow patients to select comforting ambient sound and lighting before starting the therapy.
The installation in Shreveport in northern Louisiana is the first such project to be realised with Philips, IBA said on Sunday.
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- French launch Central African Republic mission but deaths mount
- Supreme Court to decide on patent protections for software