Hess to cut back Port Reading refinery rates ahead of Sandy
NEW YORK Oct 28 (Reuters) - Hess Corp said on Sunday it would begin to cut rates at its 70,000 barrel per day refinery in Port Reading, New Jersey, at 6 p.m. EDT (2200 GMT) ahead of Hurricane Sandy.
"We are taking the necessary steps to prepare our Port Reading, N.J. refinery for high winds and storm water," a company spokesperson said.
Port Reading is located on a spit of land reaching up into the southern edge of New York Harbor.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994