New York City mayor orders schools closed, some evacuation
Oct 28 (Reuters) - New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg on Sunday ordered public schools closed on Monday and said that areas of the city from City Island to Coney Island to Battery Park City were under mandatory evacuation because of approaching Hurricane Sandy.
Bloomberg said during a press conference that the mandatory evacuation applies to people in Zone A, which covers coastal areas.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee