New York City mayor orders schools closed, some evacuation
Oct 28 (Reuters) - New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg on Sunday ordered public schools closed on Monday and said that areas of the city from City Island to Coney Island to Battery Park City were under mandatory evacuation because of approaching Hurricane Sandy.
Bloomberg said during a press conference that the mandatory evacuation applies to people in Zone A, which covers coastal areas.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel