NYSE still planning Monday morning open
(Reuters) - The New York Stock Exchange will open on Monday morning as usual, a spokesman for the stock exchange said after officials announced plans to close all area public transportation at 7 p.m. EDT to prepare for Hurricane Sandy.
"We continue to monitor the situation and to communicate with government officials, regulators, and markets participants," NYSE spokesman Rich Adamonis said.
(Reporting By John McCrank; Editing by Maureen Bavdek)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994