CORRECTED-Anadarko Petroleum has quarterly profit
(Corrects text and dollar figures to show the company reported a profit in third quarter vs year ago loss, not other way round)
Oct 29 (Reuters) - Anadarko Petroleum Corp on Monday reported a quarterly profit compared with a year-ago loss when the U.S. oil and gas company set aside funds to settle with BP Plc over its Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Anadarko had a third-quarter profit $121 million, or 24 cents per share, compared with a loss of $3.1 billion $6.12 per share in the same quarter a year earlier.
(Reporting By Anna Driver; Editing by Maureen Bavdek and Alden Bentley)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions