CORRECTED-Anadarko Petroleum has quarterly profit
(Corrects text and dollar figures to show the company reported a profit in third quarter vs year ago loss, not other way round)
Oct 29 (Reuters) - Anadarko Petroleum Corp on Monday reported a quarterly profit compared with a year-ago loss when the U.S. oil and gas company set aside funds to settle with BP Plc over its Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Anadarko had a third-quarter profit $121 million, or 24 cents per share, compared with a loss of $3.1 billion $6.12 per share in the same quarter a year earlier.
(Reporting By Anna Driver; Editing by Maureen Bavdek and Alden Bentley)
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media