CORRECTED-Anadarko Petroleum has quarterly profit
(Corrects text and dollar figures to show the company reported a profit in third quarter vs year ago loss, not other way round)
Oct 29 (Reuters) - Anadarko Petroleum Corp on Monday reported a quarterly profit compared with a year-ago loss when the U.S. oil and gas company set aside funds to settle with BP Plc over its Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Anadarko had a third-quarter profit $121 million, or 24 cents per share, compared with a loss of $3.1 billion $6.12 per share in the same quarter a year earlier.
(Reporting By Anna Driver; Editing by Maureen Bavdek and Alden Bentley)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |