BYD Q3 net down sharply on weak car sales, poor solar business
BEIJING/SHANGHAI Oct 29 (Reuters) - BYD Co Ltd , a Chinese carmaker backed by billionaire investor Warren Buffett, posted a 94 percent fall in third quarter net profit due to weak car sales and its money-losing solar energy business
During the September quarter, the company made a net profit of 4.6 million yuan ($736,100) versus 77.4 million yuan in the same period a year earlier, it said in a stock exchange filing.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off at Philadelphia airport
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |