BYD Q3 net down sharply on weak car sales, poor solar business
BEIJING/SHANGHAI Oct 29 (Reuters) - BYD Co Ltd , a Chinese carmaker backed by billionaire investor Warren Buffett, posted a 94 percent fall in third quarter net profit due to weak car sales and its money-losing solar energy business
During the September quarter, the company made a net profit of 4.6 million yuan ($736,100) versus 77.4 million yuan in the same period a year earlier, it said in a stock exchange filing.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- Alibaba surges 38 percent on massive demand in market debut |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |