China Telecom Q3 net profit falls 7 pct, matches estimates
HONG KONG Oct 29 (Reuters) - China Telecom Corp Ltd , the smallest of the country's three mobile carriers, posted a 7 percent drop in quarterly net profit, matching estimates, due to higher spending on handset subsidies after it started selling Apple Inc's iPhone this year.
China Telecom posted a net profit of 3.8 billion yuan ($603 million) in July-September, according to Reuters calculations based on nine-month earnings data released on Monday.
That compares with an average estimate of 3.8 billion yuan in a Reuters poll of six analysts and a profit of 4.046 billion yuan a year earlier.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand