China Telecom Q3 net profit falls 7 pct, matches estimates
HONG KONG Oct 29 (Reuters) - China Telecom Corp Ltd , the smallest of the country's three mobile carriers, posted a 7 percent drop in quarterly net profit, matching estimates, due to higher spending on handset subsidies after it started selling Apple Inc's iPhone this year.
China Telecom posted a net profit of 3.8 billion yuan ($603 million) in July-September, according to Reuters calculations based on nine-month earnings data released on Monday.
That compares with an average estimate of 3.8 billion yuan in a Reuters poll of six analysts and a profit of 4.046 billion yuan a year earlier.
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament
- Indian firms tool up for defense orders on Modi's 'buy India' pledge
- Liberia police fire on protesters as West Africa's Ebola toll hits 1,350