China shares close at 1 month-low, financials weigh
HONG KONG Oct 29 (Reuters) - Mainland Chinese shares closed at their lowest in a month on Monday, as investors sold shares to lock in profits on financial firms that have yet to post their third-quarter corporate earnings.
The CSI300 Index of the top Shanghai and Shenzhen listings closed down 0.5 percent at 2,235.9, its fifth-straight loss. The Shanghai Composite Index shed 0.4 percent. Both indices closed at their respective lowest since Sept. 26. (Reporting by Clement Tan; Editing by Ken Wills)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Reporter allowed to keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting
- U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule