- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Female hostage died from police bullet in New York standoff: official
NY Fed says Tuesday Treasury purchase to be postponed
NEW YORK |
NEW YORK Oct 29 (Reuters) - The New York Federal Reserve said on Monday the scheduled purchase of Treasuries on Tuesday will be postponed due to "financial market closures and the market conditions anticipated to accompany Hurricane Sandy."
The New York Fed said in a statement its schedule of Treasury securities operations will be updated "in the coming days with details of the rescheduled operation."
Treasuries purchase and sales operations are expected to resume on Wednesday, Oct. 31, the New York Fed said.
The Fed was scheduled to buy $1.75 billion to $2.25 billion of Treasuries maturing February 2036 through August 2042 on Tuesday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this