Nikkei rises; expectations of BOJ easing run high
TOKYO, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average edged up in early Monday trade on growing expectations that the Bank of Japan will take substantial easing steps when it meets on Tuesday. The Nikkei added 0.3 percent to 8,961.53 after falling 1.4 percent on Friday. The broader Topix gained 0.3 percent to 743.41.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |