Nikkei rises; expectations of BOJ easing run high
TOKYO, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average edged up in early Monday trade on growing expectations that the Bank of Japan will take substantial easing steps when it meets on Tuesday. The Nikkei added 0.3 percent to 8,961.53 after falling 1.4 percent on Friday. The broader Topix gained 0.3 percent to 743.41.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image