Nikkei rises; expectations of BOJ easing run high
TOKYO, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average edged up in early Monday trade on growing expectations that the Bank of Japan will take substantial easing steps when it meets on Tuesday. The Nikkei added 0.3 percent to 8,961.53 after falling 1.4 percent on Friday. The broader Topix gained 0.3 percent to 743.41.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill