- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Female hostage died from police bullet in New York standoff: official
Foreign investors eye Repsol stake -report
MADRID Oct 29 (Reuters) - A group of foreign investors from Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Singapore, Hong Kong and Qatar is eyeing the purchase of up to 20 percent in Spanish oil major Repsol , Expansion newspaper reported on Monday.
A spokesman for Repsol said the company had no comment on the report.
The potential new investors are eyeing Repsol's treasury stock, a 9.7 percent Repsol holding belonging to Spanish builder Sacyr, and a possible capital hike in the oil company, Expansion said, citing sources close to talks.
The newspaper said the potential new investors had consulted with La Caixa, a Spanish bank that is Repsol's biggest shareholder, with a 12.5 percent stake. (Reporting by Fiona Ortiz; Editing by Helen Massy-Beresford)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this